If you are looking for distance, the pointed dart is a great option..
Its thin body and front wings allows it to quickly zip through the air.
Paper Airplane Folding Instructions
1. Fold the corner down to the other side of the paper.
2. Unfold and repeat with the other corner. Then unfold again.
3. Accordion fold the sides in using the creases.
4. Fold the bottom corners of the triangle shape up (top layer).
5. Now, take both upper outer edges and fold them to the center. Be sure they are tucked underneath the diamond shape.
6. Fold the plane in half.
7. Fold one wing down from the nose of the plane to the center of the tail. Be sure you fold down the front flaps as well.
8. Repeat step seven with the other wing.