A flying airfoil with almost no fuselage.
This is an advanced glider that floats slowly away from you if adjusted correctly. Read the notes at the bottom for tips.
Paper Airplane Folding Instructions
1. Fold the sheet in half.
2. Fold down the top right corner to the end of the center line.
3. Open and then repeat with the other side to get the creases shown.
4. Next, accordion fold the center out to get this diamond shape.
5. Fold the front two flaps up.
6. Now, fold the flaps behind the top edge.
7. Fold the entire top half of the plane away from you. The peak should reach the end of the backside.
8. Fold the plane in half towards you.
9. Fold out both sides to create the wings. The body should be a 1/2 an inch.
10. Bend the ends of the wings up and then cut two small slits at the tail of each wing as shown.
This design has wide wings and a short body which makes it unsuitable for fast speeds. Throw it very gently. If the airplane tends to flip over, you may have made it too short. Unfold it and repeat step 7 above with less of the tip folded back. This will make the body longer and a bit more stable. Use the ailerons to steer the paper airplane and make sure the wings have a dihedral angle.